Saturday, January 31, 2009

First of Few....but Many to Come

Well, here it is, my blog. Something i have desired to do since 80% of the female side of my immediate family began there fetish with openly sharing things. Something i once thought to be a sign of weakness and also something i would try to avoid at all cost. Now... it is something i truly admire! Truly. The reason i say 80% is because to my knowledge Ash has yet to begin blogging about here unique experiences on an army base. Which i would strongly suggest she do, i am sure there will be an endless supply of awkward situations or emotional endeavors to share with and inspire us citizens with. Since being in teen challenge (by the way it will be 8 months Feb. 2nd, praise the Lord) my eyes have been opened to another side of the military. Seeing as though we have limited t.v time, which arguing over watching Minnesota sport teams blow it in the end of the game and watching "The Lima bean, from sprout to seed" is not my idea of visual entertainment. I have a new found devotion to the news paper, the articles about our military are truly inspiring. What courage it took to sneak a stray dog home and the emotional reunion between women and mans best friend. All jokes aside, i am being so serious, reading about their families and what they, personal fight for, it moves me. Not their complete disregard for their safety but the purest form of humility, to put yourself in harms way so that someone who really has no more of a right than you, gets to play with there kids, or eat dinner as a family.

God has continued to reveal to me that , that is what he wants for me. No no no, i am not joining the army. That lifestyle of humility. It has been one of the most frustrating yet rewarding journey's i have been on. And is the reward yet another opportunity to humble myself. That is the question i face now.

This time at teen challenge has been truly refreshing, amazing, annoying, beautiful, ugly, but most importantly i believe it has been glorifying. To God that is.

Quick explanation of my choice in title. This is how i have felt the last few months. Each day i am giving chances, some new and some oh so familiar. And I have chosen to face those choices with a "this time around" mentality. A verse someone shared with me that in a way relates with this, but truly relates with where i am at in my life is Micah 7:9 - "I will bear the indignation of the Lord because I have sinned against him, until he pleads my cause and executes judgment for me. He will bring me out to the light, I shall look upon his vindication."

So as I bring this to a close i will share a few bullet points of what is new with me and with what God has been doing for me at Teen Challenge!
  • I have a new mentor, his name is Justin he is a teacher and street Evangelist.
  • I am taking a class that he teaches at Bethlehem Baptist's Bible college every Thurs night
  • I am half way through level 3
  • I moved out of my single room because i felt God calling me to and i was put in a 5 man room with two very new guys, and lets just say its a good thing i have given most of my personal rights to God. Proverbs 19:11- "Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense."
  • They took away our weekend passes (boooo)
  • Renee and I have never been closer and I am so blessed to have her in my life and at every church service, Her support reaches way beyond me, it touches others in the house

Well that will be all for now, more to come but it will be awhile due to the lack of passes and i don't get computer access till level 4. Please be praying for the Men of Hudson House, that we all submit and walk out in faith. Pray for peace for me and Renee about life after teen challenge and just that Gods will will be done in our lives.

I Love you All so much.

Adam Arthur Pederson

1 comment:

  1. Adam,

    I am so proud of the man you are becoming! The man God has ordained you to be! I thank my God every time I remember you in my prayers and I have no greater joy than to hear and see you walking in the truth! Love you more, mom

    ReplyDelete